Friday, July 18, 2008

Robert Update

I talked to my mom today and Robert is in a lot of pain. He gets aggravated and the nurses say that makes the pain worse. I asked my mom why he was in pain and she thinks it's because he's been laying down for so long and his muscles are just so tight and they ache now that he's awake and moving. Mom is going to get a massage therapist to come to the hospital or when he goes home to try to relax the muscles. Even if his muscles are not the problem for pain, a massage can really do him some good anyway, a lot of good. I could hear him talk in the background, he was talking slowly and it's hard for him to talk, but it was so nice to hear his voice. When I was at the hospital he was still on a breathing tube, I read to him out of the Book of Mormom about Alma the younger and his life-changing experience. My dad said he stirred a bit and rolled his head in my direction. I would also talk to him a little and he would open his eyes and try to talk, then cry, that broke my heart when I say him cry. Dave was talking to him and Robert opened his eyes huge and rolled his head over at looked right at Dave, like as if to say, "Hey Dave, good to see you.". That was a neat experience.

1 comment:

Oaky said...

Massages will do a world of good!! Like you said, even if the source of the pain isn't muscular, it'll still help his mind and body! I get so excited when people turn to massage to help! IT DOES!! I'm glad you have a blog and I can keep updated on your lives! I miss you all! Put some pictures up soon! LOVE YOU!!