Thursday, July 17, 2008

Jobs

So my husband Dave has been laid off for four months, it's been really awful, and really hard. Living in a small town doesn't give you many opportunities. Finally he got a job as a train engeneer, driving trains locally and also ground work as well. We are so thankful! Dave kept wondering why he even got his BA from college, but since Linux.com asked him to write for them freelance, Dave feels like he's using his skills for what they were intended. Plus Dave is a genius on a computer, and totally a geek which he is proud. Though he's 6'5 and 300 lbs (he looks like a football player, which he was), no one really wants to mess with him. And ever since he learned Karate in College and the only people who would even spar with him were black belts, makes him intimidating. I have to say though I am a lot meaner than Dave. I learned Karate too and would spar with him, I wouls still get a puch, jab, headbut or slap, I keep him busy. Dave says I fight dirty, but how can you fight clean? We have fun with Karate and practice.

No comments: